Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thing #8

Flickr Mashups


I decided to try out the Spell with Flickr Mashup. I loved it! I think these type of things are so fun to play with. I love all the options that this mashup offered for the letters and numbers to spell out 23 Things. I did however have a hard time uploading the picture to this blog. I tried to follow the instructions given on the page but for some reason I couldn't figure it out and just decided to take a screen shot of the picture and upload it that way. I have no idea what it would look like if I was able to do it the correct way but I don't think it looks too bad the way it is. 

I could see having students use this mashup in the classroom for projects and for fun. Students can spell their names or make interesting posters with all the pictures available. If I enjoyed doing this I am sure my future students would enjoy doing this activity as well. Depending on if I can find a standard to pair this with, I may want to have my students go out and try to find letters and take pictures of them to make their own spelling mashups as well. I feel like it opens up a whole new awareness when you look at things abstractly. I think this would be a good exercise to get my future students into a creative mindset. We will see when I actually get into the classroom how it all plays out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment