Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thing #9

Image Generators

 

This was a fun activity that I probably spent way to much time playing around with. I had a lot of fun looking through all the different things you can do on these cites. I used imagechef.com for my NJ plate and customsigngenerator.com for the magazine cover. I'm a Jersey Girl who has been transplanted in the middle of the US. The parenting magazine cover is of my little girl around the 4th of July, I think it looks great as a cover to a July issue of Parenting! On a personal level this would be a lot of fun to put in a family Christmas letter or post on Facebook for fun. 

When I was doing the magazine image generator, it reminded me of when I was in elementary school and we created our own Time Magazine covers. Over course it was nothing like students can do today but it was fun back then and it obviously stuck with me all these years later. I think it would be a good activity for elementary school students to do, students can make a magazine cover for a story that they read about, a current event or a science experiment. There are endless possibilities for this activity and I think it would be something that students would enjoy and stay engaged in. While I was on the custom sign generator website, I came across image generators for student of the week and star of the week. I think these would be great if I had a class website or blog that parents can check in on and see the happening of the classroom. Every parent loves to see their child being highlighted and I think that every student would like to see themselves up on a blog/ or website. Of course I would need to get parental permission before I would post a picture of their child on a public access website or blog. Imagechef was simple and easy to use and easy to post on this blog. I did have some trouble with the custom sign generator website where it would not open in safari but it worked just fine in firefox. Other than that I thought that this was great and something I will be coming back and playing with again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment