Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thing #22

Live Binders

When I first read thing #22 I was a little overwhelmed. I like to be organized but doing it with technology is another thing. I like to be hands on when it comes to organizing. I would much prefer a binder in real life than one on the computer. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I finally started to see the usefulness of LiveBinders once I started to put more things in them. I think if I was in an actual classroom that this would be very useful. It is a little difficult to plan a binder out when I don't have a classroom and set resources that I am looking for.

The three Live Binders I created were: Common Core, Mixtures and Solutions, and Literacy Center ideas. The one I chose to share here goes along with the standard I picked for this class. Here is my LiveBinder: Mixtures and Solutions. It took me a little while to figure out how to add tabs within the tabs, otherwise known as sub-tabs. I am not happy with the front of the main tabs, I think if I were to use this for real I would have to adjust them a little but while I am still learning how to use LiveBinders I think its ok to leave it the way it is. 

I think that if I needed a substitute teacher for a day I was going to be absent, that this would be a great resource for the teacher. If lessons for the day were all in one LiveBinder that the substitute could go to, I think it would make it a much smoother day even if I wasn't there. I also think that this would be great for students who finish early. If the LiveBinder was already set up on the computer, the students could choose activities or watch videos that I have already set up for them in the LiveBinder. It is also a great resource to go to for lessons that I have saved that are already on the internet. I think that this tool is best for when I am actually a teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment